The Stand is an upcoming dark fantasy television miniseries, based on the 1978 novel of the same name by Stephen King. This apocalyptic adaptation has developed quite the hype around it, as Stephen King fans have been waiting for its release since it’s the announcement in August. That being said, when will The Stand be released?
When Will The Stand Be Released?
The Stand is set to be released on CBS All Access on December 17th, 2020. Benjamin Cavell, co-showrunner and executive producer, expressed his excitement for the show’s release in a recent statement.
Cavell said, “We’re honored to tell this sprawling, epic story, including a new coda that Stephen King has wanted to add for decades. We’re so proud of this show and its attempt to find meaning and hope in the most uncertain of times. We can’t wait to share it with the world.”
The Stand Cast:
With its complex characters such as Randall Flagg and Mother Abagail, the TV adaptation of The Stand requires a cast full of talented actors. The cast of The Stand is as follows:
- Gary Sinise as Slu Redman
- Jamey Sheridan as Randall Flagg
- Molly Ringwald as Fran Goldsmith
- Rob Lowe as Nick Andros
- Kella Overbey as Dayna
- Adam Storke as Larry Underwood
- Corin Nemec as Harold Lauder
- Laura San Giacomo as Nadine Cross
- Miguel Ferrer as Llyod Henreid
- Ray Walston as Glen Bateman
- Ruby Dee as Mother Abigail
- Stephen King as Teddy Weizak
- Bill Fagerbakke as Tom Cullen
- Matt Frewer as Trashcan Man
- Ossie Davis as Judge Farris
- Shawnee Smith as Julie Lawry
- Ed Harris as Gen Starkey
- Kathy Bates as Rae Flowers
- Bridget Ryan as Lucy
- Mike Westenskow as Paul Bulson
Plot of The Stand
The Stand revolves around a pandemic of a weaponized strain of influenza that wipes out almost the entire population. Because of this, the fate of mankind rests on a handful of survivors, including 108-year-old Mother Abagail.
The adaptation of Stephen King’s novel will slightly change the chronology of the story, as the miniseries will start after the pandemic has already begun. The first episode will feature survivors clearing out dead bodies from their neighborhood, as well as flashing back to their lives pre-pandemic.
Where Can I Watch The Stand?
Once it’s released, The Stand will be available to stream on CBS All Access, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.