Oscar winner, Christopher Walken, has just landed his first lead role on British television series, “The Offenders.”
As of this writing, “The Offenders” have seven leads:
- Christopher Walken plays Frank. A fraud and pathological liar trying to win his family back.
- Stephen Merchant plays Greg. A lawyer getting through a divorce while dealing with bullying in the workplace.
- Rhianne Barreto plays Rani. A diamond the rough – a math whiz who does nothing but rebel.
- Gamba Cole plays Christian. A youngin’ raising his younger sister while trying to get ahead of the gang life.
- Darren Boyd plays John. A “model citizen” and a businessman.
- Clare Perkins plays Myrna. She’s old and an activist.
- Eleanor Tomlinson plays Gabby. The rich kid of the group who masks deep-rooted problems with glamour and a luxurious life.
The series was already filming last March but production was shut down because of the growing number of COVID-19 cases. However, filming has just resumed in Bristol, UK and Christopher Walken has already made his debut.
The show is created by Stephen Merchant who will also be directing.
“The Offenders” is a story about seven strangers from different walks of life forced to keep up with each other and become involved in each other’s lives as they complete a Community Payback sentence in Bristol.
As the characters discover more about each other, they also get tied up with a dangerous criminal gang. While they all seem like typical archetypes in the beginning, these notions of who they are gradually disappear and we’ll get to understand their character’s depth – what molded them into the person they are today.
Pretty juicy and deep, huh? Maybe, this is a reminder that nobody is really good and/or bad; that everyone has their story to tell.