Dark is a sci-fi and mystery series on Netflix that started in 2017 and follows the story of missing children in Germany. With just three seasons of a darkly addicting show, when can fans expect a Dark season 4 release date?
When Will Dark Season 4 Be Released?
Netflix has not confirmed a Dark season 4 release date that we know of to-date. The last episode of season three aired on June 27, 2020, so even if Dark season 4 were to be released, viewers may have to wait a while.
In a July 2020 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Dark creator, Jantje Friese, stated that three seasons of the show “was absolutely the perfect amount.” Friese also stated that additional seasons could compare to “stretching it unnecessarily,” so we can safely assume that Dark season 4 may never come to fruition.
Dark seasons 1-3 follow the lives of numerous characters across different time periods in their lives (childhood to adolescence to adulthood to older age). We’ve outlined the main characters by families and included the most prominent and recurring figures in the first three seasons below.
Kahnwald Main Characters
- Louis Hofmann as teen Jonas Kahnwald
- Andreas Pietschmann as adult Jonas Kahnwald
- Dietrich Hollinderbaumer as older Jonas Kahnwald
- Ella Lee as teen Hannah Kahnwald
- Maja Schone as adult Hannah Kahnwald
- Anne Ratte-Polle as adult Ines Kahnwald
- Angela Winkler as older Ines Kahnwald
Nielsen Main Characters
- Lisa Vicari as teen Martha Nielsen
- Nina Kronjager as adult Martha Nielsen
- Barbara Nusse as older Martha Nielsen
- Moritza Jahn as teen Magnus Nielsen
- Daan Lennard Liebrenz as child Mikkel Nielsen
- Oliver Masucci as adult Ulrich Nielsen
- Jordis Triebel as adult Katharina Nielsen
- Walter Kreye as older Tronte Nielsen
Doppler Main Characters
- Gina Alice Stiebitz as teen Franziska Doppler
- Carina Wiese as adult Franziska Doppler
- Carlotta von Falkenhayn as child Elisabeth Doppler
- Stephan Kampwirth as adult Peter Doppler
- Karoline Eichhorn as adult Charlotte Doppler
Tiedemann Main Characters
- Arnd Klawitter as adult Bartosz Tiedmann
- Lydia Makrides as teen Regina Tiedemann
- Deborah Kaufmann as adult Regina Tiedemann
- Peter Benedict as adult Aleksander Tiedemann
- Julikda Jenkins as adult Claudia Tiedemann
- Christian Patzold as older Egon Tiedemann
- Mark Waschke as adult Noah
- Lea van Acken as teen Silja Tiedemann
Plot of Dark
Dark tells the story of disappearing children in Winden, Germany. The series focuses on four families (the Kahnwalds, the Nielsens, the Dopplers and the Tiedemanns) affected by the missing children over the course of multiple decades in the past, present and future. Dark unveils the mysterious and twisted connection between the families, all while reinforcing themes of time travel, family secrets and fate.
Where Can I Watch Dark Season 4?
The first three seasons of Dark are available to stream on Netflix. Currently, there is not a season 4 of Dark available to watch.